Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Up Helly Aa - men in chinos & Ugg boots?

After being rudely awakened at 4 this morning by the phones going haywire, then the sound of silence (power cut), I ventured into Lerwick first thing with very very flat hair, no power, no hairdryer (I don't do flat hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!) on the busiest day of the year, Up Helly Aa!! people everywhere and no where to park and all I wanted to do was post a box. When I finally did find a parking space and made it to the Street I was trapped, police at every exit, no way out, aaaarghhhhhhh, I did hear the shouts of the Yarl Squad, but by this time was so damp, cold and my hair getting flatter with each step I took, I got back to my car and went back home again, only to realise that the bloody power was still off, no heating, no lights, no radio, I read the paper until my feet went numb with the cold then did a lot of strange things I have been meaning to do for ages, sort out my handbag, etc.
Anyhow the power came back on about 2.30pm and I thought I'd check out the Up Helly Aa Yarl squad online, the Shetland News website had some great images, nice outfit, but look closer, is this the fashion version? Looks like chinos under the tunic and is that a pair of altered Ugg boots? see for yourself........ http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/news_01_2009/IMG_3752a.jpg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Both perfectly goes well and complement each other. You sure knows what to wear with chinos.

Jeremy Kutcher said...

It would had been better if picture were posted. In that way making suggestions on what to wear with chinos will be easier.